WHY PARTICIPATE IN DYZAJN MARKET?
We are the most popular exclusive sales event for a wide range of designers, artists, authors, creators... simply people who make all things beautiful, original and fine. We are also here for those who know how to make great food and drink.
We are an event taking place in the historical centre of Prague, right by the National Theatre, on Václav Havel square, seasonally – spring, summer, holiday, autumn, and winter. We have excellent PR publicity through social media, as well as through our partners’ and public media. Even though we are an event with free admission, Dyzajn market always has a rich cultural programme – theatre, concerts, DJs, author readings, a kid zone, exhibitions, workshops and fashion shows.
The team behind Dyzajn market is creative, always coming up with new ideas that make it possible for you, creators, to increase your visibility and move your creation to the next level.
We have a strong Facebook page and events, thousands of followers on Instagram as well as various media partners. Thanks to that, our participants, the site and the team, the attendance throughout the weekend is about 20,000 visitors.
Saturday and Sunday
30–31 March 2019
10 AM to 7 PM (both days)
Václav Havel square, Prague 1
WHAT TO KEEP IN MIND?
· You can check for the confirmation of your application in your e-mail (or in your spam folder). Please check that you entered your e-mail address correctly! If you haven’t received a confirmation within a few hours, something went wrong and you’ll have to take a few minutes to apply again.
· Selected participants will receive detailed information about a week before the event.
CAN YOU GET SOMETHING MORE?
Promotion on our Facebook page / event / Instagram – a tagged post about your brand on our Facebook page with over 41,000 organic fans, the Dyzajn market Jaro Facebook event or on Instagram with over 9,000 followers.
Blog interview – an interview about your brand on our website dyzajnmarket.com/blog (the interview is only possible in Czech language)
emBODY Dyzajn – the main theme of the Spring Dyzajn market will be the exhibition of your original products representing the Dyzajn market. The authors of the winning proposal will win the valuable prize! Sign your idea HERE.
Dyzajn market Summer fashion show – apply now! In 2019, fashion shows will only take place at the summer Dyzajn Market and they will be the main theme of this edition.
Promotional photographs – a bundle of photos of your products with promotion on our social networks.
Promotional video – a professionally edited video about your brand and your designs from the event or your workshop, promoted on our social networks. You can also use the video on your brand’s title page on Facebook.
WHAT SORT OF SPACE DO WE OFFER?
· You will get your own retail spot for the event. This means an empty space of certain dimensions, which doesn’t have any borders, where your beautiful products must fit with all your equipment and yourself (for instance, the XS spot will only fit one person).
· The number of spots is limited. If there is a higher number of applicants, we will select designers who will make the offer on our event as varied as possible. It can be an advantage for you to select more options in your application (under your preferred type of spot), where you would be able to display your products.
· All the spots are covered. The XS, S and M spots are under our tents or in the underpass of the New Scene of the theatre. The L spots are either covered by the building of the New Scene, your own white tent or a tent you rent from us.
· You will find the price options in your application. But don’t worry, before you send your application, you can still go back.
· The ceiling height under the tent is 1.9m, under the building it is 3m. If your display is taller than 1.9m, let us know in a note in your application. This is very important!
· The participants are assigned spots in logical order and according to the site possibilities, right after we select our designers. Therefore, if you have any special requests or requirements, it is necessary to let us know in your application form. We won’t be able to help you later.
· You can use the note in your form to tell us which designer you want to be next to. If you are friends, you will be happy to also be neighbours at our event. Understandably, we won’t be able to accommodate everyone’s wishes, but we will do everything we can.
· Two to three designers can share one spot. If you don’t need all of your chosen space, you may share with another designer (with an extra fee of CZK 600 per artist). It is not permitted to offer other designers’ products under your brand.
· Spots inside!!! You may also pick the option of “your own design display” inside the Operations Building B of the National Theatre, which is part of the event An advantage of this place is the option to install your designs on the day before the event.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DO YOU NEED?
· There should be no banners or roll-ups on the site of the event. This is actually good news, because you will save time and money for their production. Let your products speak for you. Banners and other promotional materials will only be accepted if they are part of your display in your spot, but you may not place them outside.
· You must bring your own equipment for your space, we can only lend you tables of certain sizes or stand. This means you need to bring all the equipment to sell and display your products – shelves, chairs, lights, your stools or stands. It is a good idea to measure everything ahead of time, just so you know your entire set-up, you and your products fit in your space. You will find detailed information on the equipment we can rent you in the registration form.
· Extension cords. If you need to plug into a power source at the event, you have to bring your own extension cords, either on reels or sufficiently long, as well as socket adapters or power strips (socket type E/F/C).
· Spotlights, halogen lighting, electric kettles, coffee makers, electric heaters etc. are not allowed. Power offtake (mainly used for lighting) is only up to 50 W per spot (doesn’t apply to food and drink stands, where we agree on a case by case basis).
FOOD AND BEVERAGE STANDS
Please, give us a list of snacks you want to offer in your application. Since the number of stands with refreshments is very limited, we try to avoid excessive competition between the sellers, so please be prepared that we might adjust your list. If you think some items on your list are indispensable, please tell us in a note in your application. We charge a CZK 1,500 refundable deposit from refreshment sellers, which you w ill pay at registration in the morning (cash), and we will return it to you, once we have checked your spot (sometimes it can be the next day because of the weather) for cleanliness – making sure there are no stains. Please, tidy your spot after yourself. It is always a maximum of 3x3m, anyone can clean that in a few minutes. Part of the price for your spot is also accepting 15 vouchers for CZK 100 each, which our team and some VIP’s will exchange for refreshments during the event. We will make the vouchers ourselves and we ask you to accept them as payment and inform your staff.
WHERE CAN YOU PARK AND UNLOAD YOUR EQUIPMENT?
· Loading and unloading is only possible in Ostrovní street (behind the National Theatre). It is not possible to drive into the event space or onto the sidewalk on Národní street. It is also not possible to park your car on the sidewalk behind the square in Ostrovní street. Please respect the rules of traffic.
· The National Theatre underground parking is CZK 50/hour.
· Since the event takes place in the city centre, parking spaces around the site are mainly reserved for residents with a parking card. You will find more information about parking in the area on the website of the borough.
Don’t forget to write your invoicing data (including your VAT ID). We will not check your trade license or your company registration number, this is your responsibility and we trust that you know what you need to be able to sell your products. We will send you electronic invoices. We are a VAT payer.
DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE YOUR PICTURES
We use them to select our participants. Do not upload black and white photos, collages, photos in frames, photos with logos of your brand, your brand’s logos or photos with other products of commercial brands from shops labelled with multinational chain brands.
DO NOT APPLY IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN A SIMILAR EVENT IN PRAGUE DURING THE SAME DATES AS DYZAJN MARKET SPRING
Basing perfect PR (event promotion) on our designers and the accompanying programme is not an easy task. It is especially difficult, if a single designer takes part in a different event at the same time, in the same city. Our view is that this is not good for the customers, the designers, or for the organizers. Customers typically go to all the events and they see the same things everywhere. Designers have to pay 2 participation fees. And we, organizers, especially appreciate those of you who simply pick one event.
Please, cooperate with us on this point. If you decide to try a different event, it’s fine. We will welcome you to another edition. We also believe that visitors will appreciate this, because events will be more diverse, as well as organizers, who will be able support each other’s turnout.
From 1/3/2017 the Czech Republic introduced an obligation for entrepreneurs in retail and wholesale, including sales in stands and in marketplaces, to use electronic records of sales (the EET), regardless of whether this is your main or other business activity (seethe guidance note on the application of the legislation in Czech). If you have any doubts on whether your sales should be registered, ask your local tax office to issue a decision on the assessment of the determination of the recorded sale.
If you send this application form, you give us your consent to obtain, publish and use any images or audio-visual recordings of you or your stand, products or performance to promote future events.
The application is binding. If the seller cancels their participation at Dyzajn market any time after submitting their application or the event is cancelled due to a force majeure event, the seller is not entitled to a refund. If the fee has not yet been paid, it will be necessary to pay it at any time upon our request.
Are you busy this weekend but you want to participate in Dyzajn market in the future? Give us your consent HERE and we will send you an e-mail any time we open registration.